A COMPREHENSIVE FIRE DAMPER MAINTENANCE PROGRAMME DESIGNED TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS COMPLIANT WITH THE LATEST LEGISLATION
Fire Dampers are a vitally important part of any ventilation system and need to be part of a Fire Damper maintenance programme to ensure correct operation.
BS9999 Fire Damper Regulations call for the following:
“Arrangements should be made for all Fire Dampers to be tested by a competent person on completion of installation and at regular intervals not exceeding 1 year, and to be repaired or replaced immediately if found to be faulty”.
Spring operated Fire Dampers should be tested annually and Fire Dampers situated in dust laden and similar atmospheres should be tested much more frequently, at periods to suit the degree of pollution.
Our Scope of Works includes:
The inspection, servicing and testing of the fire and smoke dampers referenced on the schematic drawings, CAD plan or building asset list. Providing a comprehensive report on completion of works detailing the information collected on each damper including the following:
· Pre & Post Photograph of each damper
· Condition of damper
· Type of fire damper
Fire Damper Inspection
· A local clean of the damper shutter, flat coil springs fusible link and damper channels will be carried out on each unit inspected.
· Mechanical integrity of the fusible link checked – where fitted.
· Inspection & lubrication of the flat coil damper springs to be carried out.
· Fire damper released and correct seating within the damper bottom channel checked.
· Exposed surface of damper shutter cleaned.
· Damper shutter re-set and fusible link, if required, replaced.
· A visual Fire Damper/ Smoke damper label will be located on the ceiling grid beneath the access door of each unit
Smoke Damper Motorised Inspection
· A local clean of the damper spindles and blades, flat coil springs, fusible link and damper channels will be carried out on each unit inspected.
· Top & Bottom stops cleaned & checked for obstruction ensuring the blade is sealed against the stops when in the closed position.
· Damper spindle lubricated to ensure blades move freely.
· Damper blades electrically released and operation checked.
· Fire Panel to be monitored when damper is closed to check damper status is indicated correctly.
A visual Fire Damper/ Smoke damper label will be located on the ceiling grid beneath the access door of each unit.
We aim to work closely with our clients to offer the highest quality products, backed with superb customer service.
“This type of service is greatly apreciated and I
would like to pass on my thanks”
“Working with Westbury we have found the service impeccable, with goods shipped on time and to specification"